Monday, February 26, 2007

I spent a while this weekend reading everything I could google online about "Winter Sowing".
Hmmm, my space in the family room is limited, what with the four cats and now my crawling grandbaby who needs room to roam without continuous "no"s from her grandma while she's exploring. And... the scented geraniums, rosemaries and the orchid are already taking up all my window space.

It's admittedly been worse, back when I caught the seed-starting bug you couldn't walk across the room, the floor was covered with flats. The light shelves we set up helped somewhat, but I'm just not going back to seedlings, seedlings everywhere for months.
But the backyard?
Hmmm.

I DID have that parsley seed soaking, finally. I even had an extra milk-jug-type jug, (actually a jug from the cider mill, as our milk comes in cardboard cartons).

Here you go:

The jug: cut, filled, sowed, labeled, watered, ready to twist tie closed and put out on the patio.


Snow flurries and 32 degrees. Put a little snow inside just to make sure the seeds stay moist. Parsley goes to hell and back before it sprouts.
Seed starting is an obsession, winter sowing, obviously, is an enabler.